After four days of waiting, when the networks announced on air and news organizations sent push notifications calling that Joe Biden was elected the 46th President of the United States, many Americans celebrated with dance parties in the streets, cheering while they watched their children at playgrounds, and honking as they drove by joyous crowds. More than 75 million Americans voted for the Biden-Harris ticket, more than any other candidate in history.
While President Trump has yet to concede and continues to make claims of fraud without evidence, the world moved forward, noting the historic event on front pages across the world.
More politics coverage from Fortune:
- What a Biden administration means for business
- How the business world is reacting to President-elect Biden’s victory
- Meet the three people who will define economic policy for the next four years
- What a Biden administration means for the next stimulus package
- 15 women who paved the way for Kamala Harris